Friday, October 8, 2010

Selanne still at that fun age

Selanne and Listrom shaking hands, OC Register

"I've always said it's the last season," Selanne said. "That's why they don't believe me." Teemu Selanne is back for his last season. Again.

 Fans of all ages must ask why come back after suffering a broken jaw and hand? For Selanne its the love of the game. There’s a lot of days I feel like I’m 25,” Selanne said with a smile. “There’s some days I feel like I’m 40. The good thing is most of the days I feel like I’m 25.”  

At the age of 40, last season he was on a 41-goal pace, netting 27 goals in 54 games before getting injured. Selanne stated that he has not set any type of goals for himself this year except to maintain healthy. His conditioning and amount of time he put in the gym has allowed him to go another season and chase the beloved Stanley Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment